You Review It Action: Rage of the Gladiator
~From the Play store:
“BEST ACTION GAME OF THE YEAR 2012” – TouchArcade
“CONSOLE-QUALITY ACTION” – 148apps
“GAME OF THE WEEK” – PocketGamer
“MUST-HAVE” – SlideToPlay
You play the role of Gracius, a gladiator battling for his life in the arena. Your opponents are no ordinary evil, but are epic boss fights whose tricky attacks will challenge even the most elite gamers. There are no ‘fodder’ enemies – its all bosses — the most fun part of games! Beat them before they brutally beat you.
Armed with your magical war hammer and a trusty shield, you must exploit their weaknesses by jumping, dodging, shield blocking, or counter-attacking with proper timing, agility, and thinking. Then unleash your rage by brutally pounding your enemy with your war hammer, and perform over-the-top combo finishers such as summoning a vicious lightning storm or a deadly pillar of fire.
* Stunning 3D graphics!
* Full voice acting. Each boss has its own personality, and taunts you mercilessly!
* Extremely realistic animations. When you attack bosses, the impacts and hits feel “real.”
* 14 insane finishing moves. Summon a fiery meteor, a savage tornado, or transform into a hulking colossus 10x your size!
* Customize your character with new weapons and armor.
* Gain new powers and skills! How will you build your character? Choose Offense, Defense, or Magic.
* Epic music. Enjoy blood-pumping masterpieces by legendary composer Sean Beeson!
* Great replay value. Beat the game to unlock new difficulties, where bosses are much tougher with all-new abilities! Over a dozen hours of gameplay!
* A monumental undertaking, with content comparable to a console title, but for FREE!
Rage of the Gladiator was originally developed for the Nintendo Wii and is (c) 2009, 2013 by Ghostfire Games
In his review of Rage of the Gladiator, Hardcore Droid’s James Christy gave the game 3 out of 5 stars, calling it a polished and compelling brawler brought down by freemium tricks. Is his bias palpable? Should he have been kinder? Tell us what you think of the game in the box below with 300 words or less.