The popularity of mobile games is not surprising – the smartphone is always at hand, allowing you to brighten the time waiting in line or on public transport. But the problem is that today on Google Play and the App Store, you can find tens of thousands of games of different quality: from clones to projects that are not much inferior to the “big” games. Also, you can play teen patti online and other games of this kind. So how to choose the best ones? What follows is a list of the best Android Games by Category.
RPG games for Android
Role-playing games, or RPGs, are based on elements of board games. The essence is usually reduced to the development of the character or improvement of the world. RPG is often based on popular universes from movies, books, and comic books.
To go to Google Play, click on the name of the game.
- Genshin Impact. The action takes place in the fantasy world of Teyvat. Players see the narrative on behalf of a hero named Traveler. The goal is to find the lost twin. A substantial free game with striking graphics can even be played on a computer.
- One of the main mechanics of Genshin Impact is collecting cute and compelling characters.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. An all-time masterpiece made in Bioware’s best years. The game is based on the comic book series of the Star Wars universe by George Lucas.
- Evoland series. The story and missions are constantly changing, showing the evolution of the game industry, new technologies, and even graphics. Unusual alternation of genres will not let the player get bored.
- Final Fantasy. It is one of the first influential Japanese RPGs, created by game designer Hironobu Sakaguchi. The world of Final Fantasy games has been mentioned seven times in the Guinness Book of World Records for its pioneering designs, music, and other features.
Strategy games on Android
In this genre, the player needs to think ahead, anticipate enemy actions, and allocate resources to achieve the goal. Good news for gamers: a group of scientists from the U.S. and the U.K. has found that those who play strategy games process information faster and develop their intellectual abilities.
- XCOM 2 Collection. The secret international organization XCOM is trying to stop the alien invasion of Earth. The iconic series of turn-based tactical games, released on P.C. in the mid-90s, is now available on Android. Players praise XCOM 2 Collection for its graphics and story and criticize it for its bugs in the app.
- Kingdom Rush Vengeance. Lead your army and conquer the land. The developers call it the most popular tower defense game in the genre.
- Rise of Kingdoms. Try to grow one of 12 civilizations from scratch: gather resources, expand your army, and fight. A nice bonus for those with a soft spot for mobile games: Rise of Kingdoms is free to play.
- Civilization VI. Once installed, you’ll be able to make 60 moves for free. Not enough? Quite enough to lay the foundations of the Civilization of your dreams. Then you need to buy the full version, which is quite tricky in the current situation. The series of games Civilization itself needs no introduction: the famous Sid Meyer strategy players loved the gameplay’s depth and uniqueness.
- Bad North: Jotunn Edition. A real-time strategy game with “tower defense” elements. Players are most admired for the unusual minimalistic graphics.
- Mini Metro. One of the most unusual games in this genre is something even similar to a puzzle. The player will have to design subway lines in real cities.
- Play as the dictator El Presidente and try to develop the city without facing a perpetually disgruntled population.
Shooters on Android
Shooters are often accused of overly violent plots and scenes of violence. But studies show that games positively affect players’ cognitive function, motivation, and even socialization.
- Max Payne. Cult game, which was also released for mobile devices in 2012. There was a movie with the same title based on it. However, it was not very successful.
- PUBG: New State. Action in the battle royal genre, the ancestor of the genre, is available for free download and on smartphones. Most users can not break away from the game at first but complain about the graphical bugs. However, the developers regularly fix them.
- CoD Mobile. Yes, this is the famous Call of Duty on a mobile device. You can download it for free.
- Standoff 2. The free shooter game in 2017 was made by the company Axlebol. Although many users complain about the lack of gyro, Standoff 2 got +100 million downloads on Google Play and 7.4 million comments on the app.
- Short 5-on-5 battles worldwide, car chases, a choice of 70 weapon types, and a free game setup.
Anime games for Android
- Guardian Tales. Create a knight-guardian of the Canterberry kingdom to protect the world from invaders. Many users note the graphics for fans of “old games.”
- Pokemon Unite. Free 5-on-5 team battles will be exciting to those who dreamed of having a Pikachu or Pidgeot as a child.
- Honkai Impact 3rd. A free-to-play visual delight for anime fans. Alas, the game has no localization except English, so at the same time, you will pump up your English skills.
- Danganronpa Series. Fascinating visual novelties. For example, in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Hav, the player will have to solve the school’s mystery and get out of it alive.
Puzzle games on Android
- The Room series. Puzzles and puzzles from the independent British studio Fireproof Studios. Particularly impressionable can scare the elements of horror.
- The Cube. A game based on the popular T.V. show. Try to find the answers to all the puzzles and replay the cube.
- Monument Valley 2. A touching story of a mother and her child. Graphics and color schemes are especially like designers and artists. Monument Valley 2 mesmerizes with bright colors and minimalistic elements.
- Bridge Constructor Portal. Build bridges in the lab and test their strength with trucks.
- Total Party Kill. The player must find the treasure, killing his allies along the way: throw them into a ditch, send them to the stakes, and nail them to the wall. A sadistic but addictive game that has been downloaded over a million times on Google Play.
Games for kids on Android
When choosing games for children, carefully check the age limit. For example, in the famous “Suspects: Mysterious Mansion,” you must solve a crime by killing other players. Google Play specifies an age limit of +10. But you do not want your child of eleven years to start planning how to kill a character, albeit a game character.
- Mario Kart Tour.
- Brawl Stars.
- Star Wars LEGO Complete Saga.
These games are safe for the children’s psyche and are popular with both children and adults.